Monday, July 18, 2011

11 Days Old

Katelyn is now 11 days old! To catch up...

The labor and delivery went really well. A LOT better than I expected. According to my doctor, I had a "perfect epidural," and he's right-- I didn't feel a thing. The epidural did make me nauseous, but it was worth it. During the last part of labor, we were actually having a pretty good time! Dave somehow kept the doctor, nurses, and me laughing between my contractions. One of the many reasons why I love my husband!



I'll never forget the look on Dave's face when Katelyn was born. It was such a sweet moment for us to look at our beautiful daughter together!  After a while, family and friends came in to meet Katelyn, and Dad said a prayer.  Friends continued to stop by and visit over the next several hours, and I loved every minute of it!



Our first night in the hospital was ROUGH. The hospital's recent remodel was absolutely beautiful and our room was gorgeous. Unfortunately, there was something wrong with the air conditioner and they had to shut it off at midnight for repairs. An empathetic nurse gave us an industrial fan but it was still REALLY hot... and our new bundle of joy screamed the whole night.

We've been home for a week now and are slowly adjusting to late nights of screaming, feedings, and falling in love with Katelyn all over again. My mom has stayed with us a little over a week and has been a tremendous help.

The past 11 days have been exhausting and a bit of a blur, but we wouldn't trade them for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment