Monday, October 24, 2011
She rolled over! Back to tummy and over her right side. Seems like her left side would've been a little easier since there's less arm to get in the way, but I kind of like that she didn't take the easy way out at first. The next day she rolled over her left side.
Katelyn is also "talking" quite a bit. She seems to confide most in Daddy. The other night while Dave was in class, Katelyn and I played and she talked and cooed to me some, but when Dave came home, she sat in his lap and babbled on and on to him, as if she was telling him ALL about her day! She gave him facial expressions, giggles, the works. Very sweet to see the daddy/daughter bond developing so early!
I'm not sure at what point a baby's memory develops. Either Katelyn is a) very moody, b) very forgiving, or c) very forgetful. I'm not sure which, but it's entertaining. It makes me laugh that she can be so mad one minute and grinning at me the next. And every day is truly a new day with her. Regardless of how good or bad the previous day was, she has a big smile waiting for me the next morning.
I hope to post some video soon!
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Katelyn will be 3 months old on Saturday! Has the time passed quickly? Well, some days/nights are longer than others, but watching her grow is a huge blessing! Here are a few updates:
- Colic is not nearly as prominent in our lives as it once was, thank goodness! Shout out to the creators of Mylicon, the kitchen vent, and the roads of Waco (...and, at times, the surrounding communities). Riding in the car worked better than any pacifier, so our gas expenses should go down now. If you've never explored the area, I recommend going for a drive.
- Katelyn's attention is held by that which has rapid movement or makes noise. Preferably a combination of both. When things get a little too quiet, she makes noise (a lot of noise!) to compensate. When things are too still, she wants to be bounced or swayed.
- Every time she wakes up, I find that her right sock is missing. Only and always the right one.
- She hasn't rolled over yet but is getting close.
- True to her genes, Katelyn loves music. We have a Praise Baby DVD and she is especially active during "Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee." This doesn't surprise me; when I was pregnant with her, she kicked like crazy every Sunday morning during the worship time at church. One of the greatest blessings for me has been watching her eyes light up when music is played and seeing her smile when I sing along and "dance" her arms and legs to the rhythm. Fills my heart with joy!