Friday, July 29, 2011
Three Weeks Old
Katelyn is three weeks old today! Here are a few things I've learned in the three weeks we've been parents:
1. Our teeny tiny baby is super duper LOUD.
2. The hospital should provide all new parents with the book The Happiest Baby on the Block (thank you, Christy and Audra!).
3. The best trick to get a newborn to stop screaming: swaddle her and then turn on the kitchen vent above the stove. Weird? Yes, but we'll be wheeling her bassinet into the kitchen again tonight.
4. Katelyn has NO TOLERANCE for even the slightest wet diaper. Think the Princess and the Pea.
5. Bath time is traumatic for all parties involved, so work quickly.
It's been an interesting three weeks. I'm tired and, at times, really frustrated, but I love seeing our little girl become more alert and aware of her surroundings! Nana (Dave's mom, Ruth Ann) has been a HUGE help all week. She sacrificed her own sleep so we could have ours, cooked us meals, changed diapers, and more. MANY thanks!