Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Katelyn's First Christmas

First stop: Baytown for Christmas with Dave's family. Christmas lights, gingerbread houses, presents, and lots of fun!

Katelyn loved Santa Joey!

(Note: I have more Baytown pictures I'd like to post, but I'm having computer issues and can't get them off my camera just yet.  Stay tuned!)


Next stop: Denton for Christmas with my family. So many new people for Katelyn to meet!  Her near-perfect behavior amazed me. There was a LOT going on and about 25 new faces, yet she let anyone hold her and love on her. 

Garner clan... and Katelyn appears to be looking at the camera AND smiling!

Cousins Jillian, Annabelle, Olivia, Pierson, Jane, and Katelyn

Granddad and Katelyn

It became evident that Katelyn and Annabelle (my niece) have a special bond. Even amidst a swarm of people and lots of activity, Katelyn and Annabelle paused for sweet cousin moments, where they would give little hugs and look at each other adoringly.  Precious.



 



Katelyn also LOVES the piano.  Every time she played a note, she looked up at me and gave me the biggest grin.  And I'm not sure how she did it, but she manuevered her left arm to play individual notes.  Imagine playing a single key with your elbow.  I tried it.  It's tricky.



Christmas break was also productive for Katelyn.  She mastered eating cereal in the mornings (something she hadn't been cooperating with at daycare), had her first two teeth cut through, and developed a taste for squash.

Happy New Year, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment