There's a small window in life when you can get away with walking on the table!
She laughs when I start to sing the ABC's. I think they sing it to her at daycare and she finds it funny that I know the song, too.
A few updates:
- Always intrigued by details, Katelyn's latest curiosity is my eyelashes. She likes to tug on them (not cool!).
- She finally likes books-- particularly tearing the pages out. The only exceptions are two Paddington Bear mini-books that she LOVES. I can recite them in my sleep.
- Her current favorite song is "Itsy Bitsy Spider." I've learned that when she wants me to sing it, she holds out her thumb and index finger and smiles. Another favorite is "The Wheels on the Bus." In an attempt to keep her pacified on road trips, I'm proud to say that my improv skills have increased dramatically. I've made up all sorts of verses to that song.
- She likes to stand and peer over the edge of whatever she's holding onto-- specifically while on the changing table and in the bathtub. This isn't something that I willingly let her do. It's just a battle we fight every night.
While Dave and I are enjoying every moment of the present, there are things that we both long for her to grow into:
- Dave can't wait for her to be old enough for Daddy/daughter breakfast dates on Saturday mornings.
- I can't wait for the days of sidewalk chalk, paintbrushes, and markers!