Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dance Recital and Easter

Katelyn's dance recital was a success! I'm convinced the key to this was the dress rehearsal. She was very excited and for months had been promising that we wouldn't have a repeat of the December performance meltdown. It almost didn't happen, though. Minutes before it was time to go on stage for the dress rehearsal, she tightened her arms around mine and whispered, "Mommy, I don't want to go up on that stage." I told her it wasn't optional, quickly sent my mom a text to start praying, and distracted her as best I could until it was her turn. And as soon as one foot stepped on the stage, she acted like she owned it. She LOVED it. Afterwards she ran full speed off the stage toward me, the whole way yelling, "MOMMY, MOMMY I DID A GOOD JOB!!!!! And I want to go back up on that stage now." It was one of those parenting moments that will stay with me forever because I was so, so proud of her. Sure, it was just the dress rehearsal, but she overcame a fear, and that's huge. 


cousins/partners in crime


The actual dance recital also went well. She looked beautiful and danced with confidence. And yes, she wears that first year medal daily. 

To back up even more (since I'm behind on blogging)... Easter was wonderful, of course! We went to our enormous church Easter egg hunt.
This is her expression after I told her we had to wait a few minutes before we could get eggs.

And then she decided standing up while waiting just wasn't worth it. 



After church we had an egg hunt at our house...



Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture with Katelyn and cousin Zoe. :(
We've had a lot going on in the last month, but I'll try to get better about blogging!



No comments:

Post a Comment