Thursday, June 18, 2020

They keep us laughing!

Me: What did you have for lunch?
R: I really don't remember. I guess you'll just have to smell me.

R, while watching a cartoon: That's groovy.

R: When my pretend puppies see rabbits, they don't chase them. But when they see a mole, they chase that.

R, frustrated that Alexa wasn't playing the song he wanted: Alexa, this is not acceptable behavior.

R: I wonder if Alexa and Siri know each other?

R: I just had a brilliant plan.
Me: What's that?
R: *says nothing and brings me a 223 page book to read*

K: A bad guy cut off Baylor's tail when she was a puppy.
R: Did he go to jail?
K: No.
R: But bad guys have black and white shirts!

Me: Think about what you want for breakfast.
R: I'm not going to do that. I think about a lot of things. I don't want to think about breakfast.

D: Sorry Baylor, you don't get to eat chocolate!
R: Because it will make her get the coronavirus!

R, getting ready to play animals with K: Let's cock-a-doodle-do this!

R, randomly: Don't ask me about my hobbies.

Me: I'm going to the bathroom.
R: See ya later, sweetheart.

R: Why do you eat chips a lot?
Me: I don't, really.
R: Well that's a shame.

Me, at 4am: Did you need something?
R: I have three things to tell you: One, my hand is asleep because I laid on it too long. Two, I need a sip of lemonade. Three, I need to go to the bathroom. 
Minutes later, as I'm putting him to back to bed...
R: Also, what is our house made of? And how does our heart pump blood in our bodies?

Me: Do you want breakfast?
R: I just got here!!!

R, while dancing: I have sensible feet!

R: Let's make you a pretend pie! First, we need apples, bananas, oranges, a giraffe that's dead, and coconut.
K: You're putting giraffe meat in my pie?
R: Yes, and coconut.

R, while watching the Blue Angels flyover: But it's the coronavirus!! The planes can't be close together!!

R: Mommy, I know you're a real person, but could you be an animal please?
Me: Ok, how about a giraffe?
R: I think you should be a koala.

While Dave has been working from home, Ryan set up his own pretend desk near Dave's. Ryan will regularly put on his headphones and tell Dave, "Shhh, Daddy, I'm on a call."

After a very rough day where R had been particularly needy, I melted down before putting R to nap. 20 minutes later, he snuck out of his room, came and put his arms around me, and started singing, "You've got a friend in me..."

No comments:

Post a Comment