Tuesday, November 3, 2020

They keep us laughing!

R: When God makes people, do you think it's tricky for him to put the legs on? Because when I draw people, the legs are the hardest part for me. 

R, drawing a person: ... and here's the eyes, and the nose, and the boogers inside the nose...
Me: Ew!
R: Don't worry, Mommy. I won't draw boogers inside your nose. Just inside mine and Daddy's noses.

R, randomly: So how does the food inside our bodies turn into poop, anyway?
Me: Um, it's a process... first the food travels down into our stomachs--
R: So our bodies are like a factory? Got it.

R: I sure wish I had two tongues. Then I could eat twice as much.

R: Mommy, I'm very concerned. Why can't cardboard boxes get wet?

R: I tried a vegetable today!!!
Me: What did you eat?!
R, proudly: I ate one pea!

R: You're really pretty, Mama.
Me: You're handsome!
R: You're nice!
Me: You're sweet!
R: I like your eyebrows.

R, playing soccer with me: Can we stop playing? I want you to score a goal but you're not getting any better. 

R, interrupting me while I was working: Mommy, Baylor's barking. You can't really focus.

R: I make jokes, not trouble.

R: Let's make a hovercraft-train-boat and we'll tie them all together with a pretend rope! First, we'll need to move everything off the land!
Me: Ok, just tell me what to do!
R: Well, basically, you'll just need to clean my room. I'll be back later.

K, looking at a book about music composers: Yep, I knew I would recognize Beethoven. His hair was NOT on point.

K (during virtual school): Do you like my nails??
Me: They look great. Have you finished your assignments for today?
K: Huh?
Me: SCHOOL IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN FRENCH TIPS.

Me: Did you get in trouble today?
R: Goodness gracious, no!

R: I'm a fan of baby girls. I'm good at making them laugh and feel better when they're sad. 

R: Boy, Katelyn's been a handful today!

Me: Why didn't you eat your carrots at lunch?
K: I did, I ate two of them. One for each eye.

R: If I was a bird, I wouldn't fly. I would just land on top of cars and ride wherever I needed to go.

R (head hanging low): Mommy, Katelyn won't play with her little brother. You know, me.

R: I have a great idea! Let me whisper it to you: wlkajfvknvda;eiasdn sdfnajf adfawjef.
Me: Wdjsijprkw difjwelr isjefr.
R: No, what I whispered to you was asking you to play hide and seek with me in Spanish!

R: Can I play with my toys before washing my hair? Don't worry, I'll tell my brain when to stop.

Me: When you're mad and feel like you might say or do something you shouldn't, you need to turn around and walk away.
R: When I make bad choices, it feels like Jesus is in a different place.



No comments:

Post a Comment