Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Week

We recently had a REALLY long week. In the 7 years we've been married, we've learned that God likes to cram our major life events into very short time spans. Luckily, we've gotten pretty good at dealing with big things on the fly. All of this happened in 8 days...

The morning we left town to spend July 4th with family, we had to surprise buy a new car. We're thankful that it all worked out, but car shopping in another town wasn't how we expected to spend our day. At least we were able to sell the car that died to the tow truck driver, haha.

But, we also had a great time with family and the most awesome inflatable slip-n-slide EVER...

Early Monday morning, we found out I'm pregnant!! Due mid-March. SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

Also on Monday, Katelyn had minor surgery to remove two small, benign cysts from her scalp. She was a champ and everything went well.

Katelyn and Molly, wearing surgical gloves to be a "moose on the loose."

Wednesday was Katelyn's 4th birthday! We thought it would be neat to tell her about the baby on her birthday. She's been begging to be a big sister for a year and we were certain she'd be excited. To our surprise, she started sobbing and didn't want to talk about it. Confused as to what went wrong, we told her it was ok to be overwhelmed by big feelings and we didn't have to talk about it until she was ready. We asked her not to say anything to anyone because we were going to announce it to family in a few days. 

My brother in law was taking the girls to Denton to play that morning... and two hours after I dropped her off, my sister sent me a text message asking, "ARE YOU PREGNANT?!?" Katelyn had announced it to everyone in the car... and then literally, to EVERY HUMAN BEING she saw that morning. So, we ended up rush-telling our families before Katelyn got to them! So funny. When I picked her up that afternoon, she told me, "I've decided to be excited about being a big sister. And don't worry, I'm going to be a good example to the baby." Guess she just needed time to process! (She is thrilled about the baby now, by the way.)

Saturday morning was her birthday party...

And Saturday night, she busted her chin on the bathtub ledge which landed us in emergency room. Thankful for an awesome doctor and for Dermabond instead of stitches. It's almost completely healed now. 

And Sunday after church, we all looked like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment