Sunday, November 22, 2015

She keeps us laughing! and the State Fair

K: Tonight, let's call Baylor "Pickles."

K: I'm deliciously thirsty!

Me: How about instead of complaining that I got you the wrong snow cone flavor, you thank me for standing in line for you?
K (confused): Well, I couldn't stand in line. The counter was too tall.

Me: Rachel plays the French Horn.
K: Does Rachel also speak French? Haha, that's funny.

Dave: When 3 people sing, it's called a trio. Do you know what it's called when 4 people sing?
K: A four-o?

K (mad at me): Thumbs down for you, Mommy!!!!!! THUMBS DOWN!!!!!!

K: Ugh! This lollipop tastes like stink! I'm throwing it away.

K: This car is nice. Relaxing and fresh.

Me: PLEASE be still... you know, when you're older, there's a sport called track where you run all the time and race other people. You can win medals and stuff.
K: *lights up like a Christmas tree* You mean I can WIN just by racing other people?!?
Me: Well, yes, if you're the fastest. And if that's what you want to do, Daddy and I will be there to cheer you on.
K: MOMMY. Let's talk about this every night.

K: Oh, fiddlesticks.

Me: The man who crashed his car into Daddy's car and all those other people is in jail. 
K: But we can still love him, right? Even though he made a bad choice and we don't really know him? We can love people we don't know?
Me: YES, sweet girl. He made a bad, dangerous choice and there are consequences, but we can love and pray for him.

______________


We went to the State Fair for the first time and had a great time. We saw animals and lots of interesting things and rode some rides. A few highlights...

She did NOT like Big Tex because he was "creepy." I'm kind of with her on this one.


Next time little brother will be in that empty spot!


Waiting in line for the Ferris Wheel. She loved it! No fear of heights with this girl.

I couldn't ride much since I'm pregnant-- which was fine with me because I don't like rides anyway. Glad these two have each other!
  
The swings were her favorite.

One of my favorite pictures ever

No comments:

Post a Comment