Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Fall Festival 2016

We had fun dressing up this year. We attended two church Fall Festivals and the weather was absolutely perfect!



Here is Gretl from The Sound of Music. By the way, Gretl costumes do not exist, so we had to go with something that Gretl might have worn. Notice her sore finger that "got caught in Frederick's teeth!"

Inspired by a pair of striped overalls Ryan already had, I decided to make him a train conductor... and because I didn't want to carry him around all night, turning his stroller into a train made perfect sense. Remember my fascination with building things out of boxes? It's been too long!


Ryan wasn't in a cooperative mood and wouldn't sit in his stroller like a big boy or wear his hat. Oh well, still cute.



This train is far from perfect, but knowing it was only going to be used for a few hours, I made my peace with that. It was really easy and didn't take much time at all. I used 2 1/2 boxes, spray paint, a tiny bit of Gorilla glue, string, and electrical tape (for the window and stripes).


I needed the train to fold up and fit in my car, so the top and bottom are two separate pieces. 


The top part of the train attaches to the bottom with string. The sides of the train also tie to the stroller. This made it super quick and easy to assemble/de-assemble. 


For the smoke stack, I just wrapped black paper around a container of bread crumbs and stuck a red plastic bowl on top. Done! So fun to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment